年轻人里的不婚主义者越来越多,朋友间的想法也会相互影响。你结婚了吗?你对结婚是否抱有美好的憧憬?你将来会步入婚姻吗?
词汇学习:
never want to get married 绝不想结婚
is that so bizarre? 这很奇怪吗?
I just don’t see the value in it. 我只是觉得不值得。
Sell it to me. 向我推销婚姻吧。sell me marriage.
I doubt that’s gonna change. 我觉得这不会变。
Just not dying alone. 不会孤单地死去。
move my grandparents into a nursing
facility. 把爷爷奶奶送进养老院。
my parents went the same way. 我的父母也一样进了养老院。
make no mistake, we all die alone. 不出意外的话,我们都会孤独死去。
I’m just saying there are options. 我只是说我有选择权。
范文1
In my opinion, marriage isn’t a necessity for everyone although it is a traditional part of the society.
在我看来,婚姻并不是每个人的必需品,尽管它是社会的一个传统组成部分。
Personally, I enjoy life on my own and l don’t want to be tied down with someone. If I got married and lived with another person, I wouldn’t have the freedom that I have right now.
就我个人而言,我享受一个人的生活,不想被别人束缚。如果我结婚了,和另一个人主活在一起,我就失去了现在拥有的自由。
For example, I have to answer to someone about where I’m going or take my partner into consideration when making decisions. Plus, I fear that marriage would lead me to lose myself. I wouldn’t want to change myself into someone I’m not just to please another person. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who feels this way.
比如,我必须向别人交代我的去向,或者是在做决定时需要考虑另一个人。另外,我担心婚姻会让人失去自我。我不愿为了取悦另一个人去改变自己。我相信我不是唯一一个有这种想法的人。
范文2
I’m a traditional person and I want to get married someday. But some of my friends don’t think like that. One of them was a child of divorce who has witnessed a nasty breakup of his parents. He had been stuck in his parents’ arguments and pettiness for a long time.
我是个传统的人,我想某一天我会结婚。但我的些朋友不这么想。其中一个是离异家庭的孩子,他目睹了父母之间的不愉快的分手。他长期陷入父母争吵的境地,感受那一地鸡毛。
People with similar experiences may have lost faith in marriage long ago. They would not like to repeat their parents’ mistake. So, I feel sorry for them and understand that marriage may not be a must for them.
有类似经历的人可能早就对婚姻失去了信心。他们不想重蹈父母的覆辙。所以我同情他们,也明白婚姻对他们来说可能不是必须品。
重点复习:
please sb 取悦某人
She did everything she could to please him.
她千方百计讨好他。
Women are expected to take care
of the family. Plus, they have to work at the same time.
妇女被期待照顾家庭。而且她们同时还得工作。
enjoy life on one’s own 享受某人自己的生活
You should enjoy your life on your own, not counting on another person.
你应该享受自己的生活,而不是依赖另一个人。
When you choose to become someone else, you will lose yourself.
当你选择成为别人时,你将失去你自己。
a necessity/must for sb 对某人来说是必需品
make a long-term commitment 作出长久的承诺
Are you ready to make a long-term commitment? 你是否准备好作出长久的承诺?
Making a long-term commitment requires great courage. 作出长久的承诺需要很大的勇气。
keep finances separate 保持财务独立
We keep our finances separate, and I’m completely satisfied.我们保持财务独立,我完全满意。
If we get married, it’s unlikely that we’ll
keep finances separate.如果我们结婚了,就不太可能保持财务独立了。
be tied down with someone 被某人束缚
I don’t want to be tied down with someone.我不想被别人束缚。
She has been tied down with her husband since their marriage two years ago.自从两年前结婚以来,她就受制于她的丈夫。
I want to be someone who leads a normal and happy life.我想成为一个过着平凡幸福生活的人。